Thank you for your interest in employment at Auto Body Specialties Inc.
We currently have one open position.
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
JOB SUMMARY: Pull inventory for route and stock deliveries. Deliver product to ABS customers.
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent.
Experience: One year of warehouse or driving experience preferred.
- 1) Valid Driver’s license with clean driving record,
- 2) Forklift certification achieved within 60 days of employment (ABS provides this training at no cost).
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to complete tasks in a given time frame.
- Be flexible with the ability to take and change routes, if needed.
- Be able to operate warehouse equipment such as: pallet jacks, barrel and 2-wheel carts.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Unload freight using forklift or pallet jack
- Check shipments against packing slips
- Assist the transfer person by pulling orders and loading stock trucks for the branch stores
- Assist in pulling sold orders and bringing to the route vans
- Final check on pulled inventory to invoices or accuracy
- Load truck(s) so they are organized and safe from damage
- Verify the charge tickets are finalized & C.O.D.s are on pick tickets
- Complete Rapid Match readings as needed
- Keep warehouse organized and clean
- Straighten and restock shelves in the showroom
- For product delivered on a cash pick ticket, return money and ticket to an inside sales person
- Follow Returned Items protocol
- Deliver products to customers
- Obtain a signature, place invoice and product where the customer specifies
- Check with customer for any returns; write up a return slip and have the customer sign it
- Be friendly and courteous without taking too much of the customer’s time
- If requested, write down any customer product orders
- When not on the route:
- Pull orders for next route,
- Special deliveries when needed
- Report any truck issues to the Operations Manager
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- There will be tasks with potential for exposure to different weather conditions: heat, cold, humidity.
- Paint smell exposure may be required
Special Requirements: Applicants/employees must pass a pre-employment drug test to be considered for employment and will be subject to future random drug testing. ABS employees are required to wear company shirts.